AccessibleCamping & PA Passes
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ CAREFULLY**
Please note unlike previous years accessible camping and personal assistant (PA) passes are now separate and need to be applied for separately. This is new for 2024 after consulting with various accessibility organisations and bodies. You can apply for both but being eligible for one does not necessarily mean you are eligible for the other. For example, you may be elegible for a PA ticket due to your needs but this may not qualify for access to the accessible field which is primarly for those with severe mobility issues. As the terrain can be challenging to navigate we only have limited space in the accessible field so we need to do our best to ensure that those with mobility needs get space in this area.
For those arriving by 22:00 hours (10pm) on Thursday 8th August 2024 and remaining at the Festival until at least after the headliner finishes(estimated 10:30pm) on Sunday 11th August 2024.
Our Access Campsite is one of the only flat sites on Eastnor Deer Park, and has a range of additional facilities and services.
Our access team and festival volunteers ensure we maintain a calm and quiet environment. We ask that the limited amount staying with us on the access campsite is respectful of the site itself, helping to keep it free from litter and leaving facilities in good condition and to be respectful of other people’s needs and differences.
Please read the below information before applying for the space on the Access campsite and contact our accessibility manager, Jim if you have any questions by emailing:
Access campsite facilities
- Accessible shower
- Accessible toilet
- Accessible car park (next to campsite)
- Accessible Campsite Office
- Charging tent for electric wheelchairs and any other portable items
- Electric hook up pitches for essential medical equipment (more information below)
- Fridge for storing meds and any specific dietary items.
- Spending area for assistance dogs and ESAs
- Water points
- Waste disposal point.
Campervans, caravans and live in vehicles
We welcome campervans, caravans, rooftop tents and trailer tents on the access campsite. There is a dedicated area of the campsite for live in vehicles.
You do not need to purchase a pitch if you are applying for Access Camping. The access campervan/caravan pass is not available on general sale, customers approved for Access Camping will have the ticket added to their account.
- There is a secure charging area on the access campsite which is free for all accessible campers to use, to charge chairs, scooters and any other portable devices or power packs.
- We supply limited sockets only, we do not have any plugs, cables, adaptor or leads on site.
- There will also be a charging point at the Abbey Stage viewing platform in the main arena.
- Some equipment can be securely changed in the Medical Tent.
Electric Hook Up Pitches
- We have a limited number of hook up pitches on the access campsite for customers who need 24/7 power for essential medical equipment. These can be applied for when you complete an application for access camping.
- There is an additional charge for electric hook up, the online link to purchase this will only be sent to campers who have had an application for Access Camping and electric hook up approved. The cost of the electric hook up is £150 for the full weekend.
- We cannot provide hook up for portable items such as tablets or gaming devices, and we can guarantee to provide hook up for CPAP machines – batteries and portable power sources for CPAP machines are widely available, specifically designed to be used when camping or on flights.
- Customers approved for an electric hook up pitch for essential medical equipment must supply their own 20m CABLE, with a 13Amp to 16Amp connection.
- A maximum of six people (including yourself and your PA) can camp per pitch.
- Each pitch measures 7x9m, and any awnings or additional tents must also fit within this pitch size.
- If you are approved for Access Camping you will be eligible for one free space in the Accessible Car Park if needed. Any additional vehicles must park in the main car park.
- We want to maintain the ground condition for everyone, and it’s essential that all campers can set up and pack down on site safely with as little movement as possible, therefore we do not permit cars to drive up to tent pitches.
PA applications are separate (see below)
Google Account Required
personal assistant (pa) Tickets:
Applications will open by 31st January 2024.
Applications for customers with weekend tickets will close on Wednesday 10th July 2024 (Four weeks before the festival)
If Lakefest 2024 decides to do day tickets. Day Ticket holders can apply for PA Passes and Accessible Parking until Wednesday 10th July 2024 (four weeks before the Festival)
We cannot guarantee that late applications will be received or processed.
What tickets do I need to buy?
If you are eligible to apply for a PA pass, you need to buy age-appropriate tickets for everyone in your group (please bear in mind U18 general ticket rules) except the registered or designated carer, then apply for PA passes when applications open.
PA PASS FAQs
Customers requiring assistance throughout the festival are entitled to apply for one free pass for their Personal Assistant, Carer or Support Worker. We will also accept evidence of customers requiring 2:1 support.
Please note, the person requiring assistance must have a valid ticket before applying.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A PA PASS?
Documents we will accept as proof of disability or additional needs include:
– Middle or Higher rate DLA for care and/or mobility
– Receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
– Armed Forces Independent Payment
– Evidence of being severely sight impaired
– Medical summary of additional needs from a clinician or GP
– SENCO statement from a school or college
– Access Card, DID or CredAbility Card or Nimbus Card
– A recognised Assistance Dog ID Card or proof of training
If you require support at the festival but do not have any of the above evidence, please contact us explaining your requirements, and we will consider each application on a case by case basis.
WILL APPLICATIONS FOR PA PASSES CLOSE BEFORE THE FESTIVAL?
Applications for customers with weekend (and day tickets) tickets will close on Wednesday 10th July 2024 (Four weeks before the festival)
All applications must be completed before arriving at Lakefest, they cannot be submitted on site.
If the festival sells out and you have not yet applied for a PA pass, please don’t worry. If you have a valid festival ticket we will ensure a PA pass is made available to you if criteria met.
WILL I RECEIVE MY PA PASS BEFORE THE FESTIVAL?
Any tickets you have purchased will be available to download as e-tickets from your Lakefest account.
If you are approved for a free PA pass, this will appear in your Lakefest account and will not be sent to you in advance as an e-ticket, passes can only be collected on site at the festival.
HOW CAN I COLLECT A PA PASS?
PA passes can be collected at the ticket exchange closest to your campsite, when the person named as your PA on the Access Application presents their ID.
A full list of collection points will be in the Accessible Facilities Information Pack, which will be online a week before the festival.
We will not issue any PA passes on site without a photo ID (passport or driving licence). If you have any concerns about bringing original documents to the festival, we will accept copies of ID supported by a bank card showing the full name of the PA.
Please note, we do not require ID for the person needing support, only for the person collecting the PA pass.
WHAT DOES THE PA PASS LOOK LIKE?
The PA pass is a laminated card attached to a lanyard and should be visible to staff on site when using access facilities like toilets and viewing platforms, to indicate that the Personal Assistant is with someone who requires additional support.
I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT A TICKET CAN I BE REFUNDED IF A FREE PA PASS IS APPROVED?
Please contact the Accessibility Manager with your full booking reference to request a refund for any General Weekend Camping Tickets or Day Tickets that have been replaced by a free PA pass.
CAN THE FREE PA PASS BE USED TO STAY ON ANY CAMPSITE?
The free PA Ticket replaces a General Weekend Camping ticket and entitles the ticket holders to camp in either Family or General Camping.
CAN I CHANGE THE NAME OF MY PA BEFORE THE FESTIVAL?
If the PA named on your application is no longer attending, please contact the Accessibility Manager before arriving at the festival to confirm a name change for your PA.
Reminder. A Personal Assistant pass does not grant access to the accessible camping field. Please apply separately if you require access to this camping field.