Photo: 2016 Lakefest Livewire winners ‘Plastic Scene’
This incredible competition is open to both local and national, unsigned, bands. We’re passionate about showcasing musical talent. We know that there are so many incredible bands out there and we invite you to apply. Whatever the genre, whether you’re a one-man-band or a group. There’s no charge to enter but you can only enter once!
How do I enter?
- You must be unsigned.
- You can be recommended, or apply yourself.
- Film a live recording of your band.
- Song must be an original.
Please note: the video has to be of a live sound recording, not a studio recording.
- Submit to email@example.com
- Deadline for submissions is Friday 19th May
- Finalists will be announced on Friday 16th June
- Winner to ‘Open Lakefest’ will be announced on Friday 23rd June
How does it work?
Likes on each video will be counted as votes. The band with the most votes will be named as the winners of #OpenLakefestLivewire.
The band that wins the competition with the most votes will open #Lakefest2017.
To increase your chances of being amongst the finalists think about the following:
- Can we tell that you have prepared well for this live recording?
- Are all instruments tuned
- We need to hear you properly… consider your acoustics!
Getting people to vote?
If you’re successful and make it to our list of finalists, it is essential that you spread the word.
Shout it from the rooftops, share across your social media accounts; get your friends, family, postperson, local newsagent to cast their votes – then get them to share with all of their friends and family.
The more shares and votes, the better the chance you stand of opening Lakefest 2017 at Eastnor Castle in August 2017.